Author: Brent
•1:12 PM
Last night, Meredith's sister Valerie called her to tell her that we were just on TV. Just after Valerie called, my old roommate Shane called to tell me the same thing. Last March when we were returning from our honeymoon in Colorado, we had a bit of a security issue that got recorded by ABC for their "Homeland Security USA" show.






This was a novelty belt buckle made to look like a .45 caliber 1911 style gun. We got it in Estes Park, and we accidentally packed it into carryon luggage. So when it went through the baggage screening, we were in for a bit of a surprise. The even bigger surprise was the camera crew who showed up. We thought it was part of TSA, but instead it was ABC networks. We got interviewed. It's not surprising that they included my lovely wife more than me. :)

-Brent
|
This entry was posted on 1:12 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 comments:

On February 25, 2009 at 2:57 PM , Anonymous said...

Ha! Cool, I'm glad it aired.

 
On February 25, 2009 at 4:30 PM , Psalmwriter2008 said...

That was wild!!! I don't think anyone else's honeymoon story will top yours! Glad you got to mail the buckle. I guess that's one of those mistakes you only make once! "Whoda thunk?!?" Love, Mom (& Dad)

 
On February 25, 2009 at 8:25 PM , Psalmwriter2008 said...

PS - O SHOOT! : - D

 
On February 25, 2009 at 9:31 PM , BlovesR+4 said...

Too cool!! We remember you guys telling us the story. It is crazy that it actually aired. We want to see it! Love, BJ

 
On February 26, 2009 at 3:31 PM , Wells Branch Church said...

That is so cool! Congrats

 
On March 3, 2009 at 9:08 PM , stones2remember said...

That's just down right cool! The belt of course is cool, but being on TV! WOW! Now, have you worn it since and what kind of reactions do you get?

 
On March 13, 2009 at 8:28 PM , Unknown said...

HAHA! Hi!! I recently got a computer and am discovering everyones blogs-- I LOVE THIS POST!!!

1) Hilarious
2) Meredith looked awesome!! (Brents profile did too :-P) I'm not in anyway implying that she wouldn't look great- I'm impressed that she was dolled up for her traveling (cuz usually I automatically think plane= jammies and no make up) Lucky Meredith!
3) I love that Brent was acting very serious and almost professional in responding to the lady explaining why they stopped you, and then Meredith is cutely standing there with a slight look of "um..ok..we covered this, lets move on so we can catch our plane!" Too cute!